Pock Race Trainer give you the chance to learn from trainers, ghosts, AI or other racers of Project CARS. It allows monitoring, recording and replay of race sessions, analyse telemetry data, listen co-driver instructions and much more. If you like you can customize the layout to your personal needs. Race Trainer is a windows application and works with the PC and console versions of Project CARS.
- Windows 7 – 10
- .NET Framework 4.5
Connection with Project CARS:
Pock Race Trainer will establish a connection automatically. If the connection to Project CARS is not available you see the following icon:
If the connection is established you see the following icon:
You only have to adjust the appropriate setting in Project CARS.
PC version of Project CARS:
The PC version uses Shared Memory. This setting have to be set to true. In Project CARS you find this setting in <Options and Help | Visuals | Hardware>.
Console version of Project CARS (PS4, XBOX ONE):
The console version uses UDP. This setting have to be set to a value between 1 and 5. In Project CARS you find this setting in <Options and Help | Gameplay> at the bottom left corner.
Sometimes the usage of UDP requires changes to your network configuration. In the Project Cars forum exists an How-To thread: HowTo Companion App UDP Streaming
Track map control:
With the track map control you have the following possibilities:
- Align the track always with the racer (Drive View)
- Keep the track layout in one orientation (Top View)
- Scale the track to the size you like (Zoom slider)
- Show brake information in the race line of racer and trainer.
- Find your greatest gaps (gap analysis) related to the trainer lap:
- Track Slider: you can restrict the range of the tracks.
- Gap Slider: you set the percentage by which the gaps are calculated
- Example: A racer is 5 seconds slower than the trainer. If you set the gap slider to the value of 10% all gaps are represented where one gap is at least slower than 0.5 seconds.
- Audio feedback – Co-driver instructions
- Co-driver instructions of brake, throttle, gears
- Configurable prediction of co-driver instructions
- Explanation: With the audio forecast feature you can choose between time or distance ahead setting. Here you can select a prediction interval. In this way you will hear the co-driver instructions before they actually happen (related to your setting).
- Use your own co-driver audio files
In Race and Replay mode you can analyse the following telemetry data for racers and stored trainer laps:
- racing line
Operation modes of Pock Race Trainer:
Race Trainer hat three different operation modes:
The following sections describes the different operation modes in detail:
If you are using a trainer you can choose between different trainer types:
Stored Trainer lap (Top Trainer)
Ghost, AI, Online Multiplayer
Ghosts from Project CARS:
You can find a really large amount of ghost laps in Project CARS where you can analyse the race line in Race Trainer. For demonstration 50 ghosts laps are available (one ghost per track). If you use ghosts their laps are stored locally and these laps are also available in replay. The ghosts in Project CARS are ideally suited for comparing your race line with the race line of the ghost.
AI, other player from Project CARS:
During offline or online races one race member is selected where you can view the race line.
With this mode you can select a track for analysing your laps in detail. Optionally you can select a trainer to compare your lap with the lap of the trainer.
Choose racer lap:
Choose trainer lap:
- Do the replay in slow motion for detail analysis
- Get an overview of the lap with the fast forward feature
- Use the replay slider to switch to any position you like.
You can simple monitor your race and training sessions. If you want you can display additional timing and distance information from the other race members. Some information is calculated by Race Trainer. It’s a known issue that this calculation doesn’t work for all available tracks.
Clicking on the menu icon: you can find the following features:
Settings: Here you find the various settings of Race Trainer.
Customize Layout: You can customize the layout of Race Trainer.
Guide for layout customization:
Layout => AddInControls: Here you can add or remove the control groups
Layout => Edit Size: Here you can change the size of the application
Layout => MoveControls:
=> Press right mouse button on a grey control group – move control group – release right mouse button
=> Press left mouse button on the red border and resize the control group
=> Double click mouse button on a grey control group – enter position and size of control group
Layout => Save Layout: Save your layout changes
Layout => Reset Layout: Restore default layout
Layout => Stay on Top: Set Race Trainer to be the foreground application.
Layout => Show FPS: Show the Frame per second in the upper right corner
Organize Laps: You can view what laps are available. You can also delete laps.
Licence: Here you can buy and enter a licence key for Pock Race Trainer
User Manual: Open the user manual in a web browser.
About POCK Race Trainer: Contact information of Race Trainer
Exit: Leave Race Trainer
I’m looking forward to your feedback to improve this user manual.